How to Choose a Home Inspector
How to Prep for Your Inspection
Home Inspection Resources
Call for a FREE QUOTE!
- This document sets out the policies of Waterman Inspection Services regarding the protection of the rights of persons to privacy. Its purpose is to explain to contacts and all others who deal with Waterman Inspection Services what types of personal information Waterman Inspection Services collects and how that information is used.This policy reflects no commitment by, nor is it binding upon any party or parties other than Waterman Inspection Services.At times, Waterman Inspection Services collects certain personal information about people with whom it deals, either in their personal capacities or as representatives of client institutions, suppliers or other businesses. Such people are referred to in this policy as "Waterman Inspection Services¡¯s contacts" or as simply as "contacts".Waterman Inspection Services collects identifiable personal data as well as non-identifiable personal information. Items of identifiable personal information, such as names and contact details, are collected and used as a matter of course in Waterman Inspection Services¡¯s daily work. Often a person¡¯s identifiable personal information includes the role or roles the person plays on behalf of his or her employer in the employer¡¯s business relationship with Waterman Inspection Services.
Collection of Personal Data
- Waterman Inspection Services collects personal data about contacts. Contacts include those employees of client institutions with whom Waterman Inspection Services will deal in the normal course of business. This information is collected when institutions first procure services from, or enter into an Agency Agreement with Waterman Inspection Services, when they instruct Waterman Inspection Services, as their provider or Agent, to provide services or undertake service procurement or other actions on their behalf. Contacts also include persons within supplier and other organizations with which Waterman Inspection Services has a business relationship ¨C i.e. persons that suppliers, including self-employed consultants and contractors, or other organizations such as government departments or statutory bodies have appointed to deal with Waterman Inspection Services.
- Waterman Inspection Services does not collect personal information about end users of client institution¡¯s networks.
Use of Personal Data
- Waterman Inspection Services uses personal information to ensure effective business communications with contact persons that represent client institutions, suppliers and other organizations with which Waterman Inspection Services has dealings.
- In its capacity as the agent of client institutions, Waterman Inspection Services provides personal information about contact persons of client institutions to suppliers, where the supplier needs to use this information to communicate directly with the client institution. For example, Waterman Inspection Services supplies the contact details of site managers to Telkom when Telkom has been instructed by Waterman Inspection Services to install or upgrade a data communications service to that site. Similarly, Waterman Inspection Services provides contact details of suppliers¡¯ personnel to client institutions where this is needed for the furtherance of the business relationship.
- Waterman Inspection Services respects the privacy of the individual and undertakes to protect the confidentiality of personal information about contacts that is supplied in the course of business relationships with Waterman Inspection Services. Waterman Inspection Services undertakes to use personal information solely for the purposes described above, and will not otherwise, unless legally obliged to do so, provide personal information to third parties.
Reservation of Rights