Home Maintenance Inspection
How to Choose a Home Inspector
How to Prep for Your Inspection
Home Inspection Information & Articles
Call for a FREE QUOTE!
How to Prepare for Your California Home Inspection
Some people think California home inspections are a pretty cut and dry process compared to home inspections in other parts of the country where weather causes more home damage. Actually, California home inspections take just as long as any other home inspection, and can even take longer based on the size and condition of the home and if areas in need of inspection are locked, blocked, or not easily visible. If you want your California home inspection to run as smoothly as possible, be sure to do the following before your home inspector arrives:
- Make sure access to the house is provided, either by means of a lock box, your realtor, the buyer's realtor, or you being there.
- Make sure that all areas of the house are accessible and visible.
- Make sure that all utilities are on (including electricity, gas, and water) , the pilot lights are lit, etc. This is required to test appliances and the systems (i.e. plumbing & electrical) in the home.
- Keep all pets out of the way during the inspection.
- Inform the inspector of any specific conditions, flaws, or defects of the home. This will save time and help create a more honest inspection report.
- Make yourself available to the inspector during the time of inspection. It is not required that you walk with the inspector during the inspection, but being available for questions or to help the inspector gain access to certain areas is important.
California home inspections are no different than any other inspection. Inspecting a home takes time. In some cases, a home with little to no defects takes longer to inspect than one with multiple problems, based on whether or not the home owner prepared for the home inspection. If you want your California home inspection to run as smoothly and quickly as possible, properly prepare your home for inspection.
Waterman Inspection Services offers comprehensive, thorough Orange County, California home inspections to home buyers, sellers, and existing owners. If you’re in need of an Orange County, California home inspection, give Waterman Inspection Services a call.
Servicing Orange County, CA and surrounding cities