How to Choose a Home Inspector
How to Prep for Your Inspection
Home Inspection Resources
Home Inspection Information & Articles
Call for a FREE QUOTE!
Here's what to do, in chronological order, when you're moving:
One Month Before Move
- Obtain an IRS Change of Address form, call 1-800-829-1040 and ask for Form 3903 to help deduct moving expenses.
- Finalize real estate and apartment rental needs.
- Place legal, medical, financial and insurance records in a safe and accessible place.
- Obtain a Change of Address form to tell the Post Office of your move.
- Give your mailers your new address:
- Friends and family members
- Banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions
- Charge card and credit card companies
- Doctors, dentists, and other service providers
- State & Federal tax authorities and any other government agencies as needed
- IRS – see note at the top of page about tax deductions
- Save moving receipts (many moving expenses are tax deductible, consult your tax advisor).
Two Weeks Before Move
- Inform gas, electric, water, cable, local telephone and garbage services of your move. Sign up for services at your new address.
- Arrange to close or transfer your bank account, if appropriate.
This guide was created and brought to you courtesy of the United States Postal Services.
Waterman Inspection Services is a memebr of CREIA and offers comprehensive, thorough Orange County, California home inspections to home buyers, sellers, and existing owners. If you’re in need of an Orange County, California home inspection, give Waterman Inspection Services a call.
Servicing Orange County, CA and surrounding cities